Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hard Cider 1 (Tasting)

Finally after more than a month of waiting and waiting and more waiting I finally decided to crack open my very first hard cider, as a brewer I've never attempted a cider but I was willing to give it a go (on a small batch).

Tasting of the cider was shall we say eventful! I opened to bottles and the first notable thing was the clarity, very crisp clear looking sparkling cider. As usual I used coopers carb tabs instead of batch priming (just my preference). There is a noticeable sour after taste but it only hits you in the back end I attribute that to not proper back sweetening but I hope aging will help with that over time. All in all this batch looks very well I can't wait to share with friends and family this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment